Sunday, May 17, 2020

Fallingwater, Mill Run, PA - UNESCO World Heritage Site

Place: Fallingwater, Mill Run, PA
Weather: Scattered Thunderstorms, 58/76F
Route: From Pittsburgh 67 miles SSE on I-376 E, I-76 E, PA-381 S.
Significance: Likely the most famous house in the United States, the Frank Lloyd Wright designed abode is an amazing place. I first visited here as a child because my mom is a big Wright fan.  I remember being amazed how the natural rock was integrated into the interior of the house. It is a place of a child's dreams - seemingly floating above the water fall. 
In 2019 UNESCO named the architecture of Wright as a World Heritage Site. We will visit at least one other of his designs later in the trip.



Image:
from franklloydwright.org

Video from fallingwater.org after it was named to UNESCO World Heritage Site list.

No comments:

Post a Comment